Thursday, May 1, 2008

Home At Last

We arrived home late Tuesday night after a 10 hour flight from Taiwan to Seattle and then on to Portland. Thanks to Heather, the little fan with lights was a huge hit!

Mom and Kyle are having fun with jet lag, hence the post at 1AM. I just got him back to sleep. But can't seem to get there myself. He is an absolute joy, even in the middle of the night. Our first day home was nice, just some time to settle in. He is curious about his room and the "real animals" at home. Jasmine tolerated a few tugs on her tail. Lucy, our dog was gentle and just wanted to smell him. Spider, our other cat, is not quite sure what to think. First the dog forcing her to live upstairs, and now she gets to share it with a baby. :)

Kyle did some exploring downstairs too with Grandma for a few hours. He is getting better each day at walking around the furniture. He had his first taste of sweet potatoes and let out a big squeal! Love them I think? Had a bath, not so much fun. And playing dress up, he says no thanks. What an experience this has been - unbelievably joyful. I'll post the photos now. Sorry for the delay.

Oh, and Kasey, yes, I cried leaving Taiwan, giving our representative, Mei-Ru, a hug goodbye. All smiles and giggles getting of the plane Portland. Home at last.


Hope you all are sleeping well...for me.


~Cindi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Kyle is really adjusting well to his new environment. I really enjoyed the updates on how all of the animals took the transition.

Oh, and Cindi, I might have gotten a little teary eyed while reading your post ; ). I can tell you guys are genuinely excited, and it makes me so happy for you.

Kasey

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Mom and Dad. Kyle is such a cutie and we can hardly wait to meet him. Oh, yes, and you two are cute, too: )

Dave and Nancy Scheele

Kristie Feldmann said...

The pictures are adorable, I'm so happy to see all of you together. Hopefully the jet leg is no more. My love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

I really am enjoying the pictures of Kyle. He such a handsome boy with a great smile. Hope you are all bonding and getting over the jet lag. Blessings to all three of you!
ps: Julie sent the cousin pictures when Evan and Kyle met...they were great

-Rhoda

Anonymous said...

C & C,
Ray and I are so thrilled for you! Kyle is adorable and will bring such joy to your life, all of your life. Congradulations!

Leslie VanBlaricom