Monday, May 7, 2012

Home at last

Well, we made it home finally at midnight on Friday night. What an amazing journey but it is so good to be home. I have to admit the flight from Taipei to Seattle was a bit miserable ...no sleep for Cindi and Rachel. Crying every few hours. Some smiles, a little eating, throwing up on Mom, and a break to watch a movie, thanks to Dad. We had a bassinet to put Rachel in but she did not want anything to do with it so we spent most of the flight standing and rocking. The customs process in Seattle was great. Super easy this time. We had a few minutes before catching our flight home, so we stopped at Wendy's one last time for a frosty and fries...nothing else like it! The flight home was great. A wonderful, blessed woman behind us kept Rachel entertained until take off, then she slept until we landed. When we got off the plane, Craig's parents and Kyle were waiting for us. Boy have we missed our little dude! He had a big hug for both of us. The minute Rachel saw him she squealed and began kicking her legs and flapping her arms. Let's hope this is a sign that they will be great siblings! Kyle wasn't so sure about her at first, but by the time we got home and ready for bed, he decided we should have a sleep over in baby sister's room. So, Kyle, Rachel and I slept on the floor in her room. As soon as I set her down on the floor, she crawled over to Kyle and rolled over onto his legs. She fell asleep instantly. Kyle looked at me and said, "Is she sleeping?". I said "Yes, I think so. I will move her to her crib in another minute." Kyle said "She really loves me a lot. I want her to stay there for a really long time!". And so she did.

We are all still exhausted, but adjusting back to the time change and trying to find a new routine.Craig is home just this week and then back to work. We will post photos as soon as we can get them off our camera

Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers. We are blessed and can't wait for you to meet our little darling girl.

Love,
CCKR

2 comments:

Dan & Kasey said...

Welcome back. Kyle's reaction is priceless! Can't wait to come out to Portland to see Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! So glad you're all home safe and sound. Can't wait to meet the little sweetheart!

Sarah&Paul&Haley